Friday, May 15, 2009

Up! Up! The Day is Breaking--Paul Gerhardt

This poem was included in my little devotional (Joy and Strength, by Mary Wilder Tileston---far and away my favorite devotional book...)for this morning:






Commit thy way to God,


The weight that makes thee faint;


Worlds are to Him no load,


To Him breathe thy complaint.


Up! Up! The day is breaking


Say to thy cares, good-night!


Thy troubles from thee shaking,


Like dreams in day's fresh light.


*******************


My Mother-in-Law is coming today...better get to the chores! Busy, busy weekend...But, just another thought before I go:


**************************************************


My personal prayer for today is that I could be more like a small child...trusting her Father to know and do what is best...


I am so like a young child really, in the way that I know so little of "the big picture", and therefore cannot make proper judgements---but I so easily forget this and go barrelling into the day, wrecking havoc with my ignorant, though well-meaning gusto.


No comments:

Post a Comment