Tuesday, May 12, 2009


The lovely larger pots of flowers were a Mother's Day gift from my parents....Don's Mom sent some $ to help purchase "Billy the Kid"!...lol
Puppy’s Mothers’ Day Fun!
**************
Mimi and Grampie came to celebrate Mother’s Day at our house yesterday. We had a very nice visit and dinner. Mom brought shrimp ettouffe, jello blocks and strawberry/ruhbarb cobbler! I contributed the salad, garlic bread, corn on the cob, coffee and iced tea…
Mimi had been feeling sorry for puppy "having to sleep on the hard concrete flooring in his screenporch", so she brought him a cushy dog bed….Was he ever proud of it:
He was so happy that he proceeded to tear it to shreds while the rest of us enjoyed our visit----BAD DOGGIE! 

Later, we snagged some of the young folks to help take a stack washer/dryer that Hubby had aquired,up to the doublewide and unload it into the laundry room…(Glad to finally have that out of the driveway!)
Then we finished up our afternoon watching a storm system come through while sitting on our front porch—one of my favorite pasttimes. Our youngest son felt festive and got out his violin to play a tune while little sister danced a happy jig. Oh, these are the days……








2 comments:

  1. Our first dog would have nothing to do with his dog bed. It was fun watching him try to "kill" it. He never was able to tear it to shreds, though.

    I have recently tried getting pictures of clouds and things. But if storms come too close, I am in the house.

    Did I ever post my link to my photo blog? I didn't want to "spam" you if I had.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete