Friday, May 8, 2009

Let's Make Rose Petal Jam!


Turkish recipe from the Middle East Cookbook that my Sweetie gave to me last year...














Behind the doublewide at the top of our property....I noticed the bush blooming profusely, and was thusly inspired :)






We are still working on some "cosmetics" of the doublewide, and are hoping to rent to a country-loving family...It has a super view....




***Since these roses are not particularly aromatic, I will add natural rose essence before putting in jars...

We stopped by to feed "Goatie" some new oak leaves and enjoy the late afternoon view...and rest from our trek to collect roses.












After trimming the colored part of the petals off, we rinsed them to remove any "creatures" :)










Then, drained and layered them with sugar...








Covered overnight to "ripen".

2 comments:

  1. Oh yumm. I started getting into the wonder of Edible flowers back in Highschool. But I have yet to make rose petal jam. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really neat. you have some nice projects going over there. the landscape is so pretty - what nice property!

    ReplyDelete