Friday, May 22, 2009

Evening Out Ensemble...

I did finish this skirt and covering in time to wear it out to the recognition dinner last night, but to my chagrin, instead of wearing it, I decided it was time to get back on the Nordic Trac!!! LOL

Maybe I can wear it at a future time,...say in 15lbs. less or so :) The material is like swimwear fabric and NOT very forgiving...It did turn out lovely though, don't you think?



The top is a cream colored 2-piece set with pearl embellishments....

The idea that I had of making Indian sari-like pleats on one side of the skirt (on the right in photo) did work, but they didn't show up in this shot. I just pleated the material over where I had made the seam, and then proceeded to turn down the material at the waist and create a casing for the elastic waistband....If I had not made the pleats, and just gathered the skirt with a plain elastic waistline, it would have fit OK...I ended up wearing a standby outfit instead that worked well anyway. Glad I had it to fall back on at the last minute!! We had a nice evening. Hubby had been there for 5yrs service.

It was held in an old opera style theater/auditorium in downtown, and had been renovated at some point in the past. The architecture was lovely....huge dome ceiling and painted plaster detailing all around...It was, in fact , the same building where my oldest son was featured as the annual representative for pediatric heart surgery patients when he was 5yrs old.....

Here are some shots I found of this building on Flickr.com:



Well, better run and finish packing for our camping weekend! I'm looking forward to posting some about that upon my return....Via Con Dios!




3 comments:

  1. oh that is just lovely!! i would love to wear somthing like that out. i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Lisa, if you were to lose 15 lbs. I don't think we could see you anymore. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say Hello! I too, am a homeschool Mother of 5 in Tennessee. My daughter has gotten me started blogging .I am not sure how I got to your Blog...I think one lead to the other. Anyway, I love your quote by Larry Crabb...very profound! I just started my blog htt://handfulsonpurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete