Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Know I'm in Good Company...Dreaming of My Summer Garden!
These are the tomatoes and peppers that I'm hoping to transplant...Will move them outside under tree in the garden soon so that they can get some real sunshine!
Ah...the sight of "babies" growing in the spring garden! 2 rows of brussels sprouts and 2 rows of broccoli in the forground. Toward the back, you can see the "bean pee" that I made from the trimmings from the crepe myrtles. I plan to plant pole beans so that they grow up the wood and form a shady, hide out for my 9yr old daughter. She can help to harvest the beans too! At the foot of the fence, is a row of 3" snow peas. I'll need to supply an additional, lower structure for them to grab onto before they are tall enough to reach the wire fencing (barely visible) that is attatched to the wooden one...Behind them is a row of garlic against the block base. A newly planted 10" rosemary is planted to the far left end of the snowpeas. I had a much older rosemary which finally died a year ago.
At the moment, I am not home, but at my Mother-in-Law's home about 2hrs away helping her as she undergoes chemotherapy for lung cancer :( This is her 3rd round. We are having to play many things "by ear" as far as making many plans, but that's OK, and I am privileged to be able to help her at this time...Hopefully, I will take more pix around our place as things progress, and I am home.
Today, my DH told me that he bought 2 apple trees, 2 peach trees, 2 more figs, more blueberries, and 8 raspberry plants!! Someone is going to be VERY busy ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I just wanted to say looking at your blog its like a a little slice of what my dreams are made of! How I wish I could have some farm animals and garden. Thank you again for your encouragement on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could start growing stuff!! Lovely just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete